Books and whitepapers
- Protecting virtual datacenters: a secure access to VMware vCloud with SecurePass - August 2012 – This publication describes how I addressed the issue of breaking into virtual datacenters on two different organizations that adopted VMWare vCloud as a cloud platform to deliver virtual machines and virtual datacenters (vDatacenters). The publication is also available as iBook from iTunes.
- Strong Authentication and Security for Oracle Application Express – March 2011 – This publication proposes an architecture to provide strong authentication (ex: OTP, smartcard) and protection for Oracle Application Express (Apex), providing an highly secure environment to run your own business applications.
- Secure wireless access in a mobile world – October 2009.
- Enhanced SIM (ESIM): a proposal for mobile security – September 2009 – This paper introduces Enhanced SIM, a single identification point for websites and intranet users. It doesn't require credentials or OTP devices. Websites and companies can federate with telcos using PKI infrastructures and existing authentication techniques. ESIM increases security of VAS applications such as remote banking services on mobile phones.
- Protecting confidential files using SE-Linux – September 2009. English translation of August 2008 paper for international audience.
- [ITA] Proteggere i files sensibili con SE-Linux – August 2008. Based on a real case, this whitepaper describes an easy way to protect files from admin accounts with customized mandatory system SE-Linux and SO configurations. [Press Release]. Update: how to protect setenforce and auditctl commands
- [ITA] Virtualizzazione e Sicurezza – Virtualization and security - March 2007. Using virtualization as a security method, how to introduce it in a security process.
- DHCP Option for LDAP Directory Services discovery – September 2006. An Internet Draft to distribute LDAP parameters by DHCP.
- [ITA] Sicurezza delle Storage Area Networks (SAN) - Security of Storage Area Networks (SAN) – March 2005. An overview on SAN security risks and how to mitigate them.
- [ITA] Sicurezza del Voice over IP - Security of Voice over IP (VOIP) – January 2005. Information and advices to configurate a secure VoIP infrastructure.
- [ITA] Sicurezza dei router Cisco – Router Cisco security - October 2004, a recap of procedures, information and hints to hardening a router based on Cisco IOS.
- [ITA] Single Sign-On con Kerberos ed LDAP – Single Sign-On with Kerberos and LDAP July 2004, ISBN 88-901141-1-8 - Book - A Single Sign-On architecture based on Kerberos and LDAP integration.
- [ITA] Sicurezza Nelle Wireless LAN – Security of Wireless LAN. August 2003, ISBN 88-901141-0-X, my first book about Wireless LAN security.
- Using PPPoE To Authenticate Wireless LANs - October 2002. A whitepaper to authenticate wireless networks with PPPoE (excerpt from Internet Draft).
- Using PPP-over-Ethernet (PPPoE) in Wireless LANs – September 2002,Internet Draft published by IETF.
Presentations and interviews
- Secure real-time collaboration with SecurePass and Etherpad – March 2013.
- BYOD Strategy: Bring Your Own Data in motion without risks – February 2013.
- Face the distributed network: BYOD, home offices and human factor could increase the importance of a firewall – January 2013.
- [ITA] Identity theft Il problema dei furti di identità nelle infrastrutture Cloud e possibili rimedi – Identity theft in cloud infrastructures and possible remedies - October 2012. Slides presented at SMAU Milan 2012.
- Creating One Time Password (OTP) infrastructures using Open Source sofware – October 2009. Slide deck for SMAU Milan 2009 about the creation of a One Time Password infrastructure (OTP) using Open Source and free software.
- [ITA] Proteggere i files sensibili da accessi non autorizzati: case study – Protecting sensitive files from unauthorized access, a Case Study - October 2008. The slides presented at SMAU 2008 regarding the use of SE-Linux to protect some sensitive files from unauthorized access by the machine operators.
- Exploring Smartcards: an independent look to technologies and market – June 2008. An overview of available technologies on the smartcards market - See also the slides with notes.
- Open Source and Linux security – June 2007. A presentation for the Italian Ministry of Interior, which includes the following themes: Defense in Depth, the safety benefits of the programs / products using an Open Source approach, operating system security (hardening / minimization), kernel security, SE Linux, authentication (smart cards and biometrics), authorization, and security applications.
- [ITA] Single Sign-on con Linux e Active Directory – Single Sign-On with Linux and Active Directory - May 2005, Slides and files for a presentation at LinuxWorld 2005.
- [ITA] La sicurezza nelle reti wireless: tecniche di protezione – Security techniques in wireless networks - April 2004, a presentation that I had to make with Itway, canceled at the last moment.
- Web Security Threats – February 2003. A presentation regarding security issues for developers and application experts.
- Wireless Security: A scalable solution for consumers, corporations, ISP and mobile operators – October 2002. A presentation about PPPoE and Wireless LAN